After installing my new Windows 2019 server for an Azure Backup Server, I noticed that I now longer have access to neither the Network Card settings nor the MMC console. I was getting a message”
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
After little research I found that the solution was a simple one.
- Elevated the command prompt (CMD) and run gpedit.msc
- Navigate to Computer Configuration
- Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
- Enable “User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account”
- Reboot the server and try again.